Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-09-30

 

Major Stock Sold

Finally sold my other stock and major investment that I mentioned in the earlier post. EMC is actually becoming more of a direct competitor to my company, since our acquisition of Veritas to extend to storage and their acquisition of RSA to extend to security. I knew their stock was going up since the announcement of IPO of 10% of VMware, an obvious financial means to push up the stock price by exploiting the sudden public attention to virtual machine technology.

Result? It went up from $13.79 when I bought 6 months ago to $20.70 when I sold last week, a 50% profit. However, it triggers a new problem. Now that the interest rates are declining, and I don't have time to research on my next investment, where should I put my money?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?