Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-03-05

 

GRE Maths

Having nothing interesting to do on a Lazy Sunday other than revising c-exam materials, I was just thinking about what would happen if I joined the nonevil company. They, like most other silicon valley companies, sponsor a lot on tuition reimbursement (eight grands a year!). So I would probably want to get a masters on some interesting things like mathematics. But I didn't take any maths classes since high school, other than a useless "engineering maths" and a not too related discrete maths class.

So, just for fun, I tried the test from the practice booklet of the GRE subject test on mathematics. Interestingly, my high school mathematics is pretty sufficient for most of the questions. It is nice that half of the test is on calculus, which I still mostly remember, but I realized that I forgot most of the stuff on trigonometry.

At the end, I found that I would get right just above 70% of the questions. That translates into a score of around 700, definitely not enough for the two great schools around the bay area.

Maybe I should go for a management degree instead. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comments:
Good information about GRE it is very useful for students

GRE Test
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?