Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-08-14

 

Dell the Worst

Despite my attempts to rescue, the keyboard of my Dell D610 laptop at work still refuses to cooperate.

So I turned to Dell. They don't have much information or available part on their web site. It was hard enough to find out a number to call. When I called, guy told me that they don't have any replacement keyboard in stock. He asked for my phone number and email address so that he could get back to me later.

Of course, he didn't call.

Then I called again, got another guy. The keyboard was still out of stock. So I asked when it would be available. Guess how long it will take. A fortnight? Wrong. A month? Still wrong. Three months? Dead wrong. The approximate shipping time is one year. Can you believe this, particularly when they still have new units for sale? So they just sell more new laptop to new customers, completely disregard those who have bought their products before?

The second guy also said he'd email me with more information. Didn't happen either.

Lucky enough, I finally got one from eBay. And it is working now. But I was shocked to look at the interior of the laptop. The materials are so cheap and the design is so poor that everything seems in chaos.

I used to buy from Dell. I have their laptop and LCD. But I don't see any more new ones coming.

BTW, if you're poor enough to need to fix a Dell, this is their hard-to-find number to order parts: 800-449-3355 x7269937. Good luck for its availability, though.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?