Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-07-17

 

Laptops should be Milktea-proof

I'm so scared, after someone suggested the possibility of me getting fired due to what I put here, I'll now put some non-secret stuff about my work instead.

We're given those shiny Dell Latitude D610 laptops at work (just for using Outlook), in parallel to the Linux boxes for actual work. A few days back when I was enjoying milk tea at work, a generous man like me did what is natural – I shared with my laptop. Long story short, the "Y" key stopped functioning (or to be exact, kept pressing itself).

To cover my own ass (I know, sentences like this only get my blog to a higher search engine position for some keywords), I decided to fix it myself. Been there, done that, as I have replaced the keyboard for my own laptop.

Yet this time, it is a bit different. It turned out, D610 is too new. I just can't find any old part for it in eBay.

Desperate time, desperate measure. I took off the keyboard, popped off the "Y" key, cleaned a bit, and you know what, it works again! It's a bit loose, but as long as it works, I don't care.

Morale of the story? Laptops should be made milktea-proof, otherwise it would affect the productivity of your employees...

Labels:


Comments:
bravo! now you have made it public that you have damaged your company's property. It doesn't sound you are scared at all nor you are trying to cover your ass. Rather, it sounds like you are saying "bring it on!" =)
 
Sometimes leaving things unsaid is for the best.
 
ok, maybe I should stop posting comment then
 
So what are you doing, being ironic? Posting a comment about stop posting comment...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?