Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-07-15

 

The Fear of All Sums

I know, I said I'm not going to talk anything further. But it is my life, and I have nothing else exciting going on...

So I guess the most interesting thing of my job is what a PhD candidate like me would be doing in Amazon, maybe except as a cheap programmer. Here's a hint: I spend some of my working time reading papers that are as old as me (other than coding them and writing this blog)... I work a lot on adding numbers, and then spend even more time staring at them, not knowing what they mean...

But there are other interesting things to learn in the weekly "tech talks", like how IMDB works (I guess a lot of people don't realize that this is from Amazon), how Amazon bid for ads in search engines, etc. Of course, there are some bad talks, too. Like the last one on customer service, it was a horrible waste of an hour: that guy just showed how customer service works and the shiny GUI to facilitate their work...

Labels:


Comments:
be careful. You may be fired due to what you write...
 
If that is the case, so be it!

Nooooo, please don't fire me, I'm just joking. See, as usual, I'm not actually saying anything in my blog anyway...
 
brave... you can never know who is looking your blog, especially your blog is in the top 10 entries if you search "ass obsession" in yahoo.
 
Great. Let's just use this opportunity to find out how many Amazonians are obsessed with ass then.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?