Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-06-22

 

More on Gabbs Pole Line Road

Remember I mentioned this interesting road in Nevada on the route from Las Vegas to Reno? Someone came to my blog after searching for this term in Yahoo, made me interested in it again. A bit of searching uncover this:
[Gabbs Pole Line Road] was listed in Adventure Magazine as part of the Canada to Mexico route on dirt roads. I took this before that was published. It is an amazing road; you do not see another person for three hours. You can go as fast as you want and it does not matter. The road is minimum maintenance and mostly dirt so you cannot go faster than 50, but it is worth it.
How about that! And people usually travel that road to see dune like this, this, and this. Maybe if I weren't so scared and rerouted, the adventure would have been even more interesting...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?