Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2008-02-08

 

Evil Applications

I've finally got a chance to read my first evil, er... patent application, only five months after submitting my idea. What can I say? It is an interesting experience.

The first thing I noticed was that it is now turned from a small paragraph into a 20-page monster. Then there are several figures of "computer systems" that don't seem to mean much. But most importantly, the text is now rewritten in a language I barely recognize–more than anything, it just seems like a random selection of words to me, consisting of very long sentences with repeating nouns and adjectives.

I was supposed to proofread it. That includes technical correctness and also whether it is as broad as humanly possible. I'm proud to admit that three pages into reading it, I fell into asleep in my cubicle.

There are still two more to come. Anyway, this is a small price to pay, given the few grands I'm getting from each application.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?