Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-07-30

 

Missing BBQ

Moved from Houston to Los Angeles, barbecue food is one thing that I missed most. Well, maybe except cheaper everything. And freeways that you can usually drive at freeway speed. And more friendly (at least apparently) people. And many else. Anyway, my point is, it becomes much harder to find decent bbq outside Texas.

A few months back I tried Baby Blues BBQ, winner of the AOL CityGugide best bbq award. Other than the waitress was only interested on her cell phone conversation, the food was only mediocre. So I didn't even bother to blog about it.

Last week, not wanting to give up bbq entirely, I tried the best barbecue food according to Citysearch. (Interestingly, Baby Blues was second on the list.) The food in Woody's was a bit better, but still nothing comparing to my favorite Meyer's (in Elgin, just outside Austin) or my favorite chain Rudy's. I don't think I am going back to Woody's because of the not too good neighborhood in Inglewood and the cleanliness of the area...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?