Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-06-18

 

Worst Dentist Assistant?

I had some bad experience with my (ex-)dentist. I don't have any complaint on his service. It was more of an issue with his assistant.

Last time when I had the service, his assistant charged me for an amount more than I expected, which I didn't notice before I paid. When asked to show how it was calculated, she put down an amount my insurance company set, but then add my deductible on top of it. Seeing this obvious flaw, my explanation was to no avail, as she was too arrogant and impatient to listen. The only thing she would say is, "This is how it should be computed. Go ask your insurance company if you don't understand." Since I was in a hurry, I left, planning to rectify it later.

A few weeks passed and I have already forgot about the whole thing. Then I got a statement from my insurance company stating the amount I should have paid. I was certainly right and was overcharged. I thought about writing an angry letter to the dentist, but I was too kind and decided to just write a short note to request the difference back. I got the difference back, but the assistant's mail refused to admit her mistake; instead, it was "because the insurance company has changed the policy." I would be interested to know if there was a time the policy was to make me pay the deductible twice, but I digressed.

A few months later, the assistant left me a voicemail remaining me of a routine check. Of course,
I have no intention of going back. Today, I got another call. Probably knowing I am not going to answer her call, she called with her ID hidden. And I was stunned hearing her message. The message was completely normal, remaining me of the routine check and asking me to call back to make an appointment, but instead of saying her phone number, the number she asked me to call back was... my cell phone number!

I would make a sarcastic comment on that, but I am totally speechless...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?