Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-04-09

 

Honest Mechanics

Apparently, they exist.

I was driving back from Fry's Electronic in the weekend with my new Microwave, when I suddenly heard some clicking noise from the front of my car. Being less than 5 years old and from Toyota, it is hard to believe the car would have any problem. But then a guy driving next to me pointed to my car and started drawing circles. His facial expression seemed to suggest he saw some big problem with my car. Worried, I pulled over in a nearby neighborhood and carefully examined my car. Without much knowledge, I couldn't find any problem and so I drove home carefully.

Still worried, I went to find a mechanic this morning. It was not easy, as they are usually pretty busy on Mondays. I finally arrived at Kondo Motors, a place with positive reviews in CitySearch. The guy there originally said they were too busy to look at my car, but after some persuasion, he agreed to have a look today and, if found anything, fix it on the next day.

When I got back, he told me there was no problem with my car. What the driver trying to tell me probably was something stuck with my car instead of real problems. Even though the mechanic spent some time looking at my car and added some lubricants, he didn't not charge me anything. What's impressing is that he must know I was panicking when I was in the shop, and he could easily charge me a lot for fixing nothing, but he didn't take advantage of me, and instead provided me some free services.

So next time, if your car breaks down in Santa Monica, remember to look for Kondo Motors!


Comments:
hey, when I sent an email to your email account at rice, the email got bounced back. What's your new email address? send me an email :-)

P.S. I think you know who I am, but in case you don't, I was staying in the same area as you in last Fall.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?