Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-02-26

 

Long Time No Blog

Yeah, I know. It's been like forever. I do have a laundry list of "events," if you will, to blog about, just that I am a bit overloaded right now and can't quite get the time to put them down, at least sarcastically, so I would rather hold than to write them down plainly.

Why am I so busy? Let me give you a hint. I am working on a pretty independent module of a project. The beta version is due at the end of the month. I'm actually not sure if "beta" is a correct nomenclature for this release, since it is so much different from the "alpha" version we released at the end of last month. For starters, due to the radical difference in requirements and features, 70% of my module has been rewritten from scratch. I can only hope that the "final" version, to be due in another month, would at the contains some code in the alpha release... but I digressed.

One example to show my pain: While still shooting for the deadline in two days, I am still waiting for a core data structure that my module would heavily rely on to be finished. Even if I had the data structure now, I still wouldn't be sure if I could integrate and test my part before the deadline. Welcome to real-world software development.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?