Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2007-01-27

 

EZ-Scam

I went to EZ Lube to change oil for my car. The main reason is that I got a coupon from them to have it done for less than $20, and this even includes a car wash. Given that it is a sufficiently large chain, what do I have to loss anyway? Turns out they, at least for some stores, have questionable business practice.

The first sign is that after I turned over my car and they gave me a bill, they didn't want me to go inside right away to pay; instead, they wanted me to stick around, just as if they knew there would be more to be added to the bill. Then he started to tell me how many problems there are in my car. The air filter is dirty (what else can you expect from the most polluted city in US?). My car is low in window-cleaning fluid (it used to be free when I was in Houston). Even my automatic transmission needs adding fluid (I just had a road trip checkup before coming to LA).

I can understand the practice of sending out coupons to attract new customers. But this should come with an excellent service quality to retain customers, not as avenue to scam new suckers.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?