Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-12-19

 

Gift Exchange

Our lab held a white elephant gift exchange today. Just like most of our normal meetings, we have remote participants dialed in. The rules of the gift exchange are pretty involved, and it took me a while to understand. Setting the price at $20, most of the gifts are toys (an unusual proportion of them are Mario figures, probably because of the many proud Wii owners in our lab). One of the gifts is 48-pieces of Ferrero Rocher, which is going to make the 2-year-old twin boys of a colleague very happy. I hope they are not going to have too much sugar nor teeth problems.

I originally eyed on the sushi-preparation set. I stole it from the guy sitting in the office opposite from mine. But then it got stolen and I stole a French press instead. I was hoping someone would steal my Fresh press, which then would give me the chance to grab the sushi set for good, but that didn't happen. Interestingly, the most contended gifts are the Mario ones. The people in the labs have a thing for toys (particularly my boss; you'd know what I mean if you got a chance to look at his desk). If I took one of those, I would be making sushi tomorrow evening...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?