Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-12-29

 

Dinning Discount from Entertainment Book

I buy Entertainment Book each year. I bought the Houston edition twice and just got my Los Angeles edition. The price was ok, since I got $10 off plus free shipping, and $7 additional cashback via FatWallet, making it a total of $15 instead of the marked price of $32.

Entertainment Books have many coupons and discounts. But the bigger reason I get them is to get myself to go out more; I use it for suggestions on places I can visit and restaurants I can go. So while it may not find me the greatest deals, I still enjoy it, despite the declining quality of the offers.

But the worst part of it is when using the coupons or discounts at restaurant. Sometimes I feel like I am begging for a favor. Like yesterday I tried to use it in Roll 'N' Sushi in Santa Monica. While the Entertainment Book clearly states that the offer is valid anytime, they refused to honor it and claimed that it only applies for dinners. The food wasn't good either: The miso soup was too salty, the rice in rolls were loose, the sushi chef kept talking while preparing the sushi and might have spat some saliva on them, and the teriyaki sauce tasted weird. It might be because the chefs are Korean.

So I sent a note to Entertainment.com. The first reply is disappointing. Even though I used their form and clearly stated the issue in details, they gave me one of those standard replies stating their position, policy, etc., and asked me to follow up with the exact same information I gave them if I were to pursue this issue further. I replied and now they say they're going to investigate. I'll see what happen. But given this kind of frustration, this might as well be my last Entertainment book unless my other experience on using the discounts be better.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?