Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-12-18

 

Deal of the Year

I am recovering from the mourning from missing possibly the deal of the year.

I mentioned about winning some 25% off certificates from American Express' Wishlist. Another certificate I won about two weeks ago is from Toysrus. Together with the $100 giftcard they give for each Xbox 360 purchase, it effectively makes it 50% off, from $400 to $200.

Wait, there's more. There was also new shipments of Wii. Those people camping outside Toysrus for the Xboxes "accidentally" also get new Wiis. With 25% off. So for less than the original price of an Xbox, they get both an Xbox and a Wii...

The saddest of all, of course, is that I haven't yet to receive my Toysrus certificate, so I didn't even have the chance to get them... I shouldn't blame American Express for not sending my certificate sooner, as they're just doing people favors, but I have to blame my apartment. They have this hateful practice of sending our packages to the cleaners in the garage in one of our buildings. And then X days later, where X is a random variable with possible outcomes in { 0, 1, 2, 3, ∞ }, a slip will somehow show up on my mailbox. Yes, with an ∞. Sometimes they don't even bother to put the slip to notify me.

Do I need more reasons to leave my apartment once my lease expires? Yes? Fine. What about constant noise from emergency vehicles and helicopters? Remember what happened in New York?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?