Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-11-28

 

Second Movie in 10 Days

I went to a movie theater again, this time for the other top 2 US box office movie, namely Happy Feet. I didn't have much expectation for this one, simply because I consider singing and dancing penguins dumb.

Overall, the movie was nothing better than I have expected. For most of the time, it is just scenes after scenes crowded with almost identical penguins. Other times, there are hip-hop penguins of Hispanic heritage (although they are already the funniest in the movie). People have criticized its anti-Christian agenda; I didn't see it that way, but wouldn't care otherwise anyway.

What I don't quite get about the movie is the target audience. Certainly it can't be for adults for its dumbness (unless I have been overestimating the intelligence of human being), yet it seems to be equally unsuitable for kids. What's worse, it could even trigger brainless kids to stop eating fishes to "save the penguins."

I am glad that I didn't pay twice the price to see it in IMAX.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?