Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-09-06

 

How hard is it to get Cable?

I was going to use Cable for both my TV and Internet service. But sometimes their service, even for signing up, is unbelievable.

According to my leasing manager, the service is provided by Adelphia. So I tried to sign up through their web site. I was then redirected to this page. Apparently, Time Warner is the "new" service provider. This web page talks about the transition and how the service is not going to be interrupted because of the change. Sounds great, but how about new users?

No sweat, I went directly to Time Warner Cable. They have a link to "order online... and save even more!" Sounds exactly like what I want. So I clicked the link, only to be asked to give them a call.

Fine, I give up "saving even more" and call. The only thing I could hear through the phone is, "the number you have dialed cannot be reached from your calling area," followed by an error code like "2AF." So effectively, they are banning people outside their service area to even order for their service. Genius!

No need to mention, I need to consider DSL now, just to make sure I can still work when I get to L.A...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?