Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-09-20

 

Driver License

In La-La Land, people do crazy stuff. So do I. The law requires that I get my California driver license shortly after I arrive, and for that I would have to take a written test. I did. In Chinese.

It's fun taking a test in Chinese. I think this was the first Chinese test, other than Chinese language and Chinese history classes, that I have taken since junior high school. I did it because I was told that the Chinese test is always the same, and you can find the exact same questions in Chinese yellow pages (!). Well, I was a bit surprised to find out it is not true. The questions are also badly translated, so you need to read them a few times before you get them.

Regardless of the language, the questions are dumb anyway. They suggest you not to drink before you drive; but if that's the case, why should I need to memorize the maximum blood alcohol level allowed by law?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?