Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-05-11

 

My Thoughts

So finally interviewed with the colored giant, I can now compare that with the anti-virus company.

What can I say? It is a bit hard to believe that it is the older company that is the one trying to push for a completely new, business-oriented area. Their environment is pretty much the same as academic environment, where you have to work hard on writing proposal to get funding and find collaborations to make your projects more competitive. The only difference is, professors get tenure and be worry-free in 6-7 years, while you struggle for a better rank or even to retain current rank for the rest of your life.

So my choice is basically like this. Taking a leading position in a small but young lab on the research of next generation products, or as just another researcher to learn about business models and try to explore how technology can better business so that companies can fire more IT staff. Tough call, huh?

Anyway, I will interview with another company waiting to be bought in Mountain View next week. Maybe I should decide after that.

Comments:
Let me ask you what kind of questions were you asked during the interviews later.. it will be helpful to me next year..
 
What? After all I said, you still want to join them?

.......

Good luck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?