Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-05-21

 

Interviews All Done

After finishing my last interview, I finally have time to sit down, relax, and think. Particularly when I have known the details of all the offers (except one hasn't decide whether to make me an offer yet).

For me, it seems to be simply a decision between two.

The interview I just had with the startup was a really fun experience. I never interviewed with a company of such a small size. But the funniest thing was, I had some alcoholic drink in the lunch, and the interview wasn't yet over by that time. That's right, I wasn't that clear-headed doing the afternoon interview. But what's important is, their position would allow me to stay in the research community. They write papers, collaborate with universities, and join conference committees, among other things. Thus, this would allow me to go back to academia later if I wish.

On the other hand, the anti-virus company has put together a very attractive offer. It is a big company, meaning that five years from now, it is probably still going to be there. I am also going to have the chance to work on a large variety of products.

I don't know what to say, but I know definitely that this is going to be a painful decision.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?