Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-05-08

 

Day I: Seminar Disturbed

The interview finally starts. The very first thing is my seminar. In the middle of my seminar, the fire alarm goes up. In 15 seconds, after I pack, the alarm stops. So I try to restart the talk. But before I can finish one slide, the alarm goes up again, finally forcing us to evacuate. My acting host (the real host had urgent meetings like they always have) tells me that this is the first real evacuation he has had for his two years there. Turns out the fire alarm is not a false one. There is an actual fire instance in the cafeteria, although just minor.

We manage to resume the talk later, but by then most of the audience has gone. It doesn't matter anyway, since essentially none of my interviewers is there. For each interview, I need to repeat what I have done for my research. Talking about the same thing for so many times makes me feel like a robot.

My last interviewer of the day, who also happens to be the director of the whole group and the most important one, is also graduated from Rice. We talked about business models and game theory. I guess if I get an offer, I know which person I should thank.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?