Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-04-12

 

First Class!

So I'm flying to LA for the interview with the antivirus company next week. They finally sent me the details so that I could call American Express Travel to make reservations for my trip. I made a deadly wrong decision: I called immediately.

Since it is less than a week from the interview day, the outbound flight is at full fare. Combining with my Elite Status, I upgraded to first class (actually for US domestic flights it is more like business) right away. But since the inbound flight is exactly one week away, AE still managed to get a normal fare ticket. This means that I'll need to wait until one day before taking off and hope for a remaining first class seats (4 remaining now), which I would then get an automatic upgrade. If I knew about this, I could have waited one more day and have my first class seats guaranteed both way, at the expense of maybe $200 more ticket fare on the company...

Nah, I'm just saying it. I wouldn't have done that anyway.

(A side note: my 6pm return flight that arrives to Houston at 11pm has a complimentary... brunch!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?