Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-03-17

 

Tor Tor Tor...

Sweeeet!

Already a second complaint, this time it is enough to shutdown my server. The complaint is from the country I couldn't leave from to go to the country I didn't get to go to. The complaint wasn't directed to me either. Last time was the IT staff, but this time it is even better — it went to Rice's lawyers. The charge? "Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Television Program."

Goodbye DDoS, hello DMCA!

Everyone in US should know by now that DMCA sucks and is only for abuse. However, just the phrase DMCA suffices to freak many people out. Say, "we have legal obligations to remove offenders from the network in this situation."

My school is asked to do two things to me:
  1. Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and/or
  2. Take other appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.
Security research has come to a point where legal threats is already part of it. Anyone not getting one of those doesn't look like a real security researcher. Now I finally feel like one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?