Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-02-26

 

Web Application: Start Page (News Aggregator)

Here comes a second one: a news aggregator that can function well as a start page. This would be the only way to keep track of the overwhelming number of sites I read reguarly.

I have never been a fan of those news readers, because I want one page that quickly shows everything. So I don't use standalone like SharpReader, part of other programs like Thunderbird, Firefox extension like Sage, or even web pages like Blogline or Google Reader, as they are way too slow to navigate. I have used Google Ig for a while, but it lacks basic features like TODO list and notes (unless you spend time and effort to investigate adding third-party stuff). It has the problem of rolling back to an old version of news. Also, it is still not fast enough.

But I've finally found one that is fast enough for me. Welcome to my new start page (as long as you don't hate the French), NetVibes. Not only it is much faster to use than all the above, it also comes with all the necessary handy tools, like integration with Gmail, TODO list, and notes. After subscribing my private version of my 30 Boxes calendar, I finally have everything I need in one page.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?