Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-02-25

 

Web Application: Calendar

I want to talk about two web applications I've recently used and loved. First one is web calendar.

I have always wanted to use a calendar software to keep me organized. A natural choice for me would be Mozilla Calendar, for my support to their other products. However, synchronization would become a pain, particularly when I don't want to setup a webdav server just for that. Why Google still does not offer this service? While there is one provided by Rice, I don't have an account there and have been too lazy to find it out so that I can use it for a few months before graduating.

So I searched. The best in the market is definitely 30 Boxes. It has convenience and lightening fast interface. Good integration with other services. You can even check my public calendar here. Or even as news feed. (Shoot, I'm letting you know about my lack of life.) More important, it has a text box for typing events, like "security group meeting wednesday 2-3pm repeat weekly," making adding events unbelievably fast. Check it out. While you're there, add me as a buddy and plan events with me.

This service is not without its problem, though. As a start, repeated events would appear out of order in a given day. What bugs me is that while this is a known problem, the developers there couldn't care less and went back to code some "cooler features." But I guess you can't ask too much from a free service.

Besides 30boxes, I have also tried another popular choice, CalendarHub. But it is way slower as an interactive application and lacks the text box feature. To me, speed is the top priority.

Comments:
Just tried it out today. Very interesting.

Thanks for the info.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?