Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-02-28

 

Department Spam

If you are a member of our CS department, you would definitely notice that we have a newly promoted department coordinator. On an average day, we receive about 10 rebroadcast emails from her, mostly about events no one cares about, like a talk in the History department. Worse, there are also reminders about events that no one cares about. It starts making me ignoring her mails now, which turns out causing me to miss some interesting events, just like spams occasionally causing me to delete useful emails.

The most disgusting part, however, is the reminders. It is like saying to my face several times a day that I am incapable of organizing my life, and need someone to tell me what I'm supposed to do. Just like spams, asking me to buy enlargement pills or degrees that I don't want.

Ironically, I'm writing this blog while literally eating SPAM.

Comments:
Show some examples of spam
 
Hm... Even though I use Gmail, I always delete them at once, because I hate seeing them. Anyway, will do. I'll post a few here in the next few days as comments. Stay tuned.
 
Wow, they come fast. Already 8 of them this morning (and it is still 8:30am).

Let's look at the titles, shall we?

- Rorschach Lecture in Legal History
- Special Seminar on Japanese Business and Globalization
- RSVP Community Service Awards
- Last Thresher (school paper) before spring break
- Intelligent Design- Baker Inst. Event, Bring Owls Friday (the only one seems to be interesting)
- Envision Grant and Janus Award apps due March 9
- Melissa Etheridge Tix Available! (Rodeo)
- HOOTS Tailgate Party on March 7
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?