Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-02-15

 

Check for Europe Trip

This check finally arrives, two and a half month after the conference has ended. I can't really complain it being slow, since I didn't submit the documents until mid January, and I was too sick to go back to campus to check my mail until yesterday.

Anyway, it is a nifty sum of over $2,200! It is even higher than the amount I have requested; probably due to an increased mileage rate for driving. On the flip side, it also tells how much money I have paid in advance. I could have charged most of it to the departmental credit card, but I hate doing that either. If you consider the 4.75% APY INGDirect is giving, that almost amounts to $22 interest.

I guess it is actually a good thing that I don't get to go to Spain. I won't have this problem again in two months.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?