Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-02-03

 

Ads

Almost 1.5 years since their IPO, selling ads is still the only income source for Google to feed their thousands of PhDs and shareholders. Still, having the stock price quadrupled, you would think that they must've been doing a great job at this.

Think again.

Google's selling point is supposed to provide you with relevant ads. This seems to be one of the more important ways to cash in for Gmail (well, other than trying to squeeze out every last bit of information from you for more ads in the future).

Sounds perfect, as long as the ads are really relevant.

The other day, I was writing an email to congratulate the lucky guy who gets to go to Spain (among a few other countries he'd be visiting in Europe) and asking him to have all the fun that I won't have. I spotted an ad asking if I had late or missed periods, and kindly offered me some help. Yes, I did miss all the periods since my birth, but no thanks, I don't think any help would be necessary in that department.

Speaking of ads, I have been receiving scam snailmails telling me that I have won a BMW or $40,000. If these things could be true, I'd already have a BMW and a Mercedes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?