Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-01-25

 

Fun Restarts

Now this is again internship-hunting time (not for me, luckily), and the fun restarts.

Congratulations to this guy from IIT Kanpur! He is the first sending me request for internship.

Someone has asked me before that why I am so mean to put their emails here and not to reply them. I'll repeat my answer here. If they don't care enough to visit my homepage and check whether I am a professor (even though they seem to know one of my algorithm papers and even used an image to show the small cap letters edf), I won't care for them...
Dear Sir,

I, the undersigned, am furnishing my resume along with this letter. I do offer my candidature for the internship in summer of 2006.

I am an undergraduate student of Bachelor of Technology + Master of Technology (Integrated) in the Department Of Computer Science and Engg. at IIT Kanpur (Indian Institute of technology, Kanpur),India. I am in the 3rd year of the Program. As a part of my summer internship I want to work in an environment of intense intellectual stimulation. I can work well in a team environment and would like to work with dynamic and innovative people who share my curiosity and will to excel. I am very much interested in Algorithms and System Programming apart from other disciples of Computer Science. I am a good programmer in a number of programming languages (details in my CV).

I read your paper on "Performance guarantee for edf under overload". I found it very interesting and have a keen desire to work with you. I have a profound desire to work as a part of your dynamic team where I could make significant contributions while I develop my interpersonal and communication skills as well.

My summer vacations are dated: 05.05.2006 to 24.07.2006, that's of approximately three (3) months. I will be fortunate if I get an opportunity to work, as a summer intern in your research group, during this vacation period. I am sure that working under your supervision will give me up thrust in the relevant field and increase my intensity and inclination towards the same.

Please see my Resume in the attachment.

I hope and I am sure that you will find a suitable candidate in me matching all your requirements. Looking forward to receive your favorable communication.

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx
Junior Undergraduate
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur

Comments:
I don't think this is mean. Maybe I am just mean..

I just wonder if any of them really gets an internship at the end by sending this kind of email?
 
Maybe you're right. I'm always a nice guy.

I don't know. I guess they are not going to tell me unless I express interest in them later.
 
how about changing the name of your blog to "obsession with nice twngan"
 
But that's redundant. The word twngan already implies nice.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?