Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2006-01-27

 

Eclipse is Awesome

No, I don't mean this paper. This is certainly a great paper, but not the focal point of this entry.

I am referring to the open development platform that has been used and (more importantly) loved by most.

I have already been an anti-IDE person, doing virtually everything in vim. This is because, given a reasonable level of familiarity with the commands, it is very hard to beat its speed, unlike Emacs, aka Escape-Meta-Alt-Ctrl-Shift (which, btw, was ported to Mac OS by Andrew Choi, the instructor of my first programming class in college, although he has stopped working on it around 2 years ago, and has been working on some interesting project since then).

Ok, enough digression. I really love Eclipse's on-the-fly compilation and showing errors. It would be perfect if it could be combined with vim. Of course, I am not the first one to think of that. There is already viplugin, but it would cost 15 Euros. I guess my best bet is to wait for a free plugin from the creator of vim, as it is now No. 2 in the most wanted feature list.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?