Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-12-30

 

Faculty Applications

Just to have some fun (?), I'm going to apply for faculty positions. After getting a list of top 40 CS departments in US (and hand-picked a few from Canada and UK), and removing those in the middle of nowhere, I have short-listed 26 institutes. Of course, some of them are entirely for fun, knowing that I have no chance of even getting an interview. Regardless, it is still a lot of work to do, particularly when I want to have a tailor-made cover letter for each department.

One thing I don't get is, even now, there are still a few schools that require snailmail applications. It makes the deadline harder to deal with (can't apply at 11:55pm) and actually costs me something to apply...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?