Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-11-28

 

Another day in Saarbrücken

This is indeed an interesting day. Apart from giving the practice talk in MPI (which went pretty bad because of the lack of sleep and self-practice before), I had dinner in an Italian (?) restaurant. Of course, the menu is only in German, and the waitress didn't speak English a lot, I chose to risk and take today's special. Turned out to be goose leg. Interesting surprise. Too bad it tasted like a dry roasted duck, and I didn't like anything else on the dish.

The other thing was the bus ride from MPI back to my hotel. I was told that I could just wait for the announcement of my station, Johannisstraβe. Didn't work, because they screwed up the announcement system. I was told that I could look for a particular Turkish restaurant at my stop. Didn't work, because it was too dark and I was too unfamiliar with the environment. So I resolved to this radical idea, namely, the time. This is something probably very special about the German that they time everything accurately. I was told that the bus ride would take 13 minutes. So I got off the bus at a stop after 12.5 minutes, despite the bus had stopped at some stops for no apparent reason. Tada, that's my stop!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?