Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-10-09

 

Interview Trip

(I am writing this blog with my shiny Mac Mini. Hurray!)

There are a lot to talk about for this trip. Let me try to talk in the following categories.

The travel: I originally didn't like the trip, since due to their travel policy (i.e., $), they can neither fly me with my preferred airline (meaning no direct flight and arriving late), nor to a closer airport (meaning longer drive, yet with a mileage reimbursement of less than 3/4 of the current government rate). But the Inn was really comfortable, with nice breakfast, and close to their campus.

The interview: I only had six interviews, lasted for a total of only seven consecutive hours. There was a lot of interesting discussions on my research work and the work they do there. One thing I realized was that unlike most other companies, people there are extremely passionate and enthusiastic with the work they do. Anyway, in my last interview, I was sitting in a couch. I don't remember much about that interview. I just hope that I didn't fall into asleep or mumbled much...

The food: Since I have a $40 budget for dinner, and taxi vouchers for getting to and from a restaurant, I looked in CitySearch for the best place to spend my money. I was immediately attracted by the high 9.8 score of the dinner-only, Italian-ish Tosoni's Restaurant. It didn't disappoint me; I had a tasty soup, but that was nothing comparing to my main dish: a rack of lamb. It was the best lamb I have ever tasted, hands down. I ended up needing to pay $4, but that was way worthy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?