Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-08-18

 

Dealmaker

I am always proud of the deals I find. Let me show you an example.

I've got probably the best shaver ever, Braun 8585 Activator Self-Cleaning Shaving System. Its only catch is that if you want to use its self-cleaning feature and leave your shaver with a nice scent, you'd need to constantly replace the cartridges of cleaning fluid, Braun CCR2. For a box of two, BestBuy sells for $9.99. The best deal is from Amazon, selling it for $8.99, with 50 cents for shipping, for a total of $9.49.

So what did I do? I waited until they have a Gold Box discount for me, combine with my A9 discount and employee discount, and have it shipped to Texas, where they don't charge sales tax. So this is the result:
Item subtotal$8.99
Shipping & Handling$0.50
Gold box discount (10%):-$0.90
Employee discount (10%): -$0.90
A9 discount (1.57%):-$0.12
Total:$7.57

Too bad that I have a certificate and so don't need to pay; otherwise I'll use my Amazon credit card and effectively get 3% back...

I'm so good at this, right?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?