Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-07-01

 

New Place to Live

So I finally found a new place to live, just in time for the July 4 firework in Seattle. It was pretty difficult to find a place, since landlords usually prefer tenants going for longer terms and give them priorities to decide. Anyway, I am now paying only around half of the previous rent, and in additional to a bedroom, I also get a large sitting room with comfy chairs. Also direct bus route to work. Wireless network that just works. And the sweet thing is, I can now pocket the remaining of my housing allowance!

I don't know how much longer I could have tolerated my old place. One of the many rules that I can't take is "no cell phone in the kitchen." No one told me ahead so I found it out the hard way. What I can't understand is, while people talk loudly in the kitchen (I know because my room is very close to the kitchen and got disturbed all the time), I was told not to use the phone when I just wanted to refill a glass of water in the middle of a phone conversation in my room. Laundry is worse: the machines eat 10 quarters and then refuse to work. They do provide coffee, but it is SBC. No, not this one, nor this one, but something Slightly Better than Crap...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?