Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-07-27

 

Mac Mini, Episode II

I was reconsidering my plan of buying a Mac Mini, since Apple's announcement of switching to Intel CPU. After all, binary compatibility could be a mess, particular with my plan for a long term switch to Macs. The cost of upgrading from the pathetic default setting of Mac Mini would also be something.

But just when I was about to decide to delay the plan, Apple announced the new Mac Mini. With the added memory (256MB is seriously a joke) and wireless/Bluetooth now a standard for the $599 model, it is suddenly usable coming directly out of the box.

Now all I have to do is just to wait until Amazon has sold out its discounted, remaining inventory and replace them with the new revisions, before the end of my internship. Then when I arrive my Houston home after the long drive, a shiny Mac Mini will be waiting for me...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?