Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2005-06-02

 

Life Sucks

(Man, it's so hard to keep this blog up to real time! Even when I don't have a life here!)

So what more can I say about here? Seattle is a place that you can actually walk (or bike) around, as long as you are athletic enough to go up hills all the time. This is so unlike Texas, where your life is definitely miserable without a car.

The bad part, though, is where I live. I live in a small house with 15 bedrooms (imagine this!). There is only one small common kitchen, making cooking so inconvenience. I end up eating out all the times, which is really expensive, since it is not in Texas anymore, and I even find eating out in Texas expensive :(

Another bad thing is about its Internet connection. It claims to have wifi. Turns out it is a horrible MSN connection with 256kbps upload and download speed. Keep in mind that it is shared with other 14 rooms. (Anyone remembers 14.4kbps dial-up?) But this is still not the worst part. The connection is so unstable and stopping all the time, you can't use it download a small file or ssh. Working by cvs over ssh is totally out of the question. And it is still not that bad if it doesn't have the random down time every other day and lasts for a whole day...

What I don't get is, why can this place I'm living charge so much, yet every single room is rented out now... I am definitely going to move to a cheaper, nicer, closer to work, and more private place at the end of the month.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?