Support this blog. Buy from Amazon!

2004-10-27

 

Not much to say

Not much to say, as I spent most of my time writing today. True, I spent some time eating piazzas in a talk by a student visitor from UT-Austin, and met with him to talk about my research work, but nothing else interesting. Surprisingly, spending a lot of time writing made me think of a faculty in my previous university (I'm not going to name names...). What's so special about him is that I recall when I was in his graduate class, he distributed a course description sheet. There were maybe 5 or 6 sentences in the first paragraph, yet I failed to find a single sentence that was free from grammatical errors. More scary, that faculty got his PhD from a reputable US university... What I don't understand is, why am I spending all my time writing, yet he seemed to had received no training in writing (or simple grammar) at all...

Oh, also, I finally used my mosquito repellent for my soccer game. My officemate said what I got is not very strong, but at the end of the day I was more than happy with it, and couldn't help but felt sorry for those who didn't use.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?